Thursday, June 12, 2008

OMGosh!!!

I had to make a quick blog entry to say that I'm officially back! I've had the craziest 6 months of my life I think EVER. Growing a business and a family is hard work. I have been MIA (missing in action) on my blog just trying to keep my head above water. I have so much to share with you over the coming weeks.

Our garden is growing SO GOOD! I need to take some pictures. If anyone has any good recipes for zucchini, I would love it. They are coming out of my ears! Guess who has a green thumb? Actually my thumb is always black from my camera!

I hope that you are all having a really great summer. I'm having a FABULOUS summer and enjoying my boys being home. My oldest son Zach just turned 12 this past weekend. It's strange to get older and see your family get older. It makes me remember the summers I had when I was 12 growing up. I had a great life and I hope that my kids feel like they do later on too. About the time I turned 30, I realized that life is just not as long as it appears when you are younger! You really have to make such an effort to enjoy ever SINGLE thing. Even the not so great stuff. I worked in Alaska when I was just out of high school for 3 summers and we had these t-shirts that we wore that the company sold at their little gift shop. It said, "life is short, slime hard". It referred to sliming salmon which is NOT a pleasant thing. There are lots of sayings that start with "life is short" and I guess that's my point. Life is short, so make sure you are enjoying it! Peace OUT!

No comments: