Thursday, March 13, 2008

What Happens in Vegas. . . you know the rest!

I had the opportunity to photograph a beautiful wedding in Vegas at the Paris/Ballys Hotel a few weeks ago. I had never met the bride and groom in person before. They were the most wonderful kind people and we had an extraordinary time. Jason and I just totally fell in love with Gail and Vlad. They had an very intimate wedding. The bride and groom are from NYC. It was about 30 of their closest friends and family. They enjoyed dinner and dancing following the wedding, and it was so fun to be part of it! Gail and Vlad and their families are Russian originally, and they all spoke with BEAUTIFUL accents. It was really interesting to see all of the traditions! Jason has always wanted to learn Russian, and he was loving listening to the toasting. Everything about this wedding was so tastefully done and it just had such a great ambiance. I was in heaven! Thanks to much to the bride and groom and their families for letting us share this great day with you. This is a HUGE post, I know, but I wanted to share so many!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

This guy was finishing Gail's hair and makeup when I got there. Doesn't he look famous?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gail had really cool shoes. Ya, Vera Wang. Ya Shel was enamoured with them. Shel has never had Vera Wang anything before! I DO have a knock off Prada purse though. . . :)

Photobucket

Did I mention the Vera Wang shoes? Just checking.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gail's 2 close friends came to help her dress. I LOVED them! Natasha was the tall lovely woman in the blue dress, and Margarita was the beautiful Italian in the black dress. Honestly, email me girls. . . you're so gonna get a Christmas Card from the Draper Family!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gail was a beautiful and elegant bride. These are a couple of her bridal shots that we snapped before the ceremony in her suite.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are lots of brides walking around in Vegas! This one was in the elevator when we popped in and I couldn't resist a shot!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The above pictures are of the bride's parents and the groom's parents during their own weddings years ago. It was so cool after meeting them both to see these pictures. Of course the photographer is out taking pictures of other pictures during dinner! These shots just really touched me though and I kept studying them. So great.

Photobucket

There was a lot of dancing! Always the most fun for me.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my favorite shot from the wedding. I mentioned before that there was a lot of dancing and tradition in this wedding. You'll notice that the bride wears a thin red string as a bracelet. I need to ask Gail if this is good luck. I can't remember if I asked her that. We were in the middle of something, and a glass broke at the bar, and everyone shouted and clapped very happily. The DJ and Jason and I were like. . . did we miss something? The bride turned to us and explained that it is good luck when glass breaks! I love this shot because it is everyone that was there all in a circle around the bride and groom as they danced. It was just so happy and sweet. You know you had a great wedding when your photographer had a great time!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun wedding! You did a great job. I love the ones of the bride in her room.

Kellee Smith said...

I agree Erin. How amazing do these pictures look! Shellee - SHUT UP! These are incredible! Why was I not at this one with you?

J.D. said...

Wow - Shellee what a great wedding. The bride is beautiful/ The culture, the style and VEGAS baby.... I love it!!!

Rachel Brooke said...

You did a great job capturing all the detail shots!

Michelle said...

Vegas wedding.... You make it look anything but cliche. How fun!!! Beautiful couple! Great ambiance.

Shellee Draper said...

Such nice comments everyone! I appreciate hearing everyone's opinion. This was a fun fun event for sure.